Mac LSC DataGrid Client Installation
Installing Mac LSC DataGrid Client
The Mac LDG client version 5.3.13, released on 31st August 2018, is supported on systems running S X 10.11 (El Capitan), macOS 10.12 (Sierra), macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), and macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
Note: The macOS LDG Client is not supported on macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and will not be. This is due to changes that Apple has made to GateKeeper that would require the macOS LDG Client installer to to reviewed by Apple in order for it to be approved by GateKeeper. This is something we don't want to deal with and as GSI-OpenSSH is being phased out on the clusters, it is not worth the extra effort.
Previous releases of the Mac LDG Client can be found here.
Upgrading from Mac LDG Client version 5.2.4, or higher
If you are already running version 5.2.4, or higher, of the Mac LDG Client you can use the built in ldg-upgrade script, from an administrator account, to automate upgrading to the latest version:
$ ldg-upgrade Version 5.3.13 of the Mac LDG Client is available, you are running 5.3.12 ldg-upgrade-1.3.5 Do you want to download this version [y/N]? y Do you want to install this version [y/N]? y
At which point you will be prompted for your administrator password and the update will be installed.
Upgrading from Mac LDG 5.0.0 - 5.2.3
Due to changes in the upgrade process upgrading to the latest release from versions 5.0.0 to 5.2.3 is a two step process:
- First run the ldg-upgrade command, as discussed above, to upgrade to version 5.2.4, and
- then run the ldg-upgrade a second time to update to the latest version.
Upgrading from Mac LDG 4.x, or new a installation
- The Mac LDG installs to /opt/ldg, if you have a version
of the old, pacman based, LDG installed in this location you need to
$ rm -rf /opt/ldgAlong with all other copies of the old LDG.
- Download the installer: ldg-client-5.3.13.pkg.
- Initiate the installer, from an administrator account, by double clicking on the downloaded installer, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- When the installer has finished instructions will be displayed on adding the appropriate entries to your .profile so that the LDG binaries are made available in your environment.
- Once you have added the appropriate entries to your environment,
source your .profile and check that the LDG is functioning
correctly by running the ldg-version command and ensuring
the output is of the form:
LIGO Data Grid: 5.3.13 Platform: Mac OS X 10.13.6 (17G65) Hostname: phy-mercer-l2.phys.uwm.edu Date: Thu 13 Sep 2018 10:18:23 MST Globus Toolkit: 6.0.1506371041 GSI-OpenSSH: 7.5p1b-GSI MyProxy: 6.1 OSG CA Certificates: 1.74
- Obtain a digital certificate, if required, by following these instructions.
If you run into any problems during installation please contact the LDG help-desk by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you are experiencing a problem with the Mac Client. Please remember that these packages are supported on a "best-effort" basis and may lag behind the packages for the reference platforms.